Sunday, 24 February 2013

Stencils, molding paste, and sprays, Oh my!

Well hello, it's been a while :)  I haven't blogged since November 2012, I just don't know where the time goes!

I've been slightly obsessed with stencils/mask, molding paste, and dylusion sprays recently - oh and gelli plate printing but more on that in another post at some point!

Today was the second crafty Sunday meet up of 2013 with my friends Sam & Bibi.  At our last meet up we played in our Art Journals( probably another post needed for that too) and Bibi bought us a large canvas bag each, so this time we decided to alter these.

I was inspired by Anna Dabrowska's(Finnabair) layouts on her blog and her CHA  Ranger Designer Challenge.  I stamped the graphic 45 Steampunk debutante ladies head on a bit of sticky back canvas, and coloured with Tim Holtz Distress markers.  I used various prima and crafters workshop stencils with molding paste to create the texture. I then decided where to place the head, and stuck it down.  I drew a rough body shape onto ohp film and cut out, I used this to mask off the area to stencil through to create the dress/body using a crafters workshop stencil and molding paste.  Once this had dried I sprayed with dylusions inks, and also added a bit of distress paint.  Added some metal embellishments and fabric flower and lace trims.

Altered bag - Yvonne

Sam's altered bag
Bibi's bag